Born in Sao Paulo, Brazil, I started in the creative market more than 20 years ago. From an early age I knew that to find a creative expression in my work was the path I would travel on. I graduated in design, worked with online marketing and project management in Brazil’s largest jobs website, before fundamentally changing my career in 2008. After which, I worked as a photojournalist for the “Folha de Sao Paulo”, Brazil’s largest newspaper, specializing in portraits, then went on to work for “Brasil Economico” newspaper. I have had my photos published in several Brazilian and international magazines and newspapers.
Between 2012 and 2017 I had my own photography agency serving clients such as Netflix, Cartoon Network, TNT, China Three Gorges, Weber Shandwick and other Brazilian companies.
To fulfill my dream of traveling the world, I moved to Melbourne, Australia to improve English and I graduated in entrepreneurship and digital marketing from Insight Academy. With clients in Australia and Bali I have been traveling and working remotely with digital marketing strategies since 2017.
I have had many “titles” in the last 20 years, I have specialized and worked in many areas, and today I can proudly say that I discovered that my greatest passion is learning.
Netflix, TNT, Cartoon Network, Turner, Weber Shandwick, China Tree Gorges, Astellas Farma, Folha de Sao Paulo, Kian, Justino de Oliveira Lawyer, Oswaldo Cruz Hospital.
EXHIBITIONS AND PRIZES
- Dockers – Essay selected by photojournalist and editor Michael Silver for the Melbourne Photography Festival.
- Atacameñas Matizes – The colors that irrigate the aridest desert in the world was an exhibition of 32 images that drew a parallel between the surrealist paintings of Salvador Dalí and the color shades present in the Atacama Desert located in Chile.
- Launch of the documentary “The Book of Nature“, which shows the life of the Sousa family, who found in nature the key to a fuller life.
The documentary was an independent production, conceived and fully realized by me: Interview / Screenplay / Direction / Production / Capture of audio and video / Editing / Color Grading / Social Media.
- Projection in occupation Foto_Invasão realized by the Redbull Station in Sao Paulo.
- Solo exhibition of authorial project realized in 2012 after spending four months in Northern Brazil. The exhibition “The Nature of Happiness” has been on permanent display since 2016 in the space “Como Assim?!…”, in Sao Paulo – Brazil.
- Fundraising via crowdfunding for the exhibition of “The Nature of Happiness”.
- Invited for discussion at the 9th ECA Photojournalism Week at the University of São Paulo.
- Participation in the Exhibition Mostra Futebol BR, during the World Cup in Brazil, 25 exhibitions were shown in the neighborhood of Vila Madalena in Sao Paulo – Brazil. Four photos of “The Roots of Football” series were exhibited at Café Les Delices de Maya. Curated by Mônica Maia and Fernando Costa Netto.
- With the series of photos called “Dockers“, I received an Honorable Mention in the Pictures / Series category of the Pictures of the Year International Latin America.
- Finalist for the 9th New Holland Photojournalism Award. The selected photograph was taken in Roraima. In 2014, it became a part of the associated traveling exhibition in the participating countries: Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay and Chile.
- Named to participate in the Prix Pictet 2013, Swiss photographic prize focusing on sustainability (Only photographers invited can participate).
- Selected to have two photos in the Nike-sponsored book Raízes do Mito.
- In 2012, I traveled for 4 months in Northern Brazil to document the happiness in the simple life of the people who live there. The result of this can be seen in the exhibition “The Nature of Happiness” that I realized in 2016.
- Speaker of the 6th ECA Photojournalism Week at the University of São Paulo.
- Foto 120 in the 3rd Tiradentes Photography Festival – Collective Exhibition with photos all over Tiradentes in Minas Gerais.
- Inspiration Exhibition in Alberta # 3. 6 Photojournalists from São Paulo showing the daily life on the cell phone – Estaiada Series with 4 photos – Including myself, Toni Pires, Filipe Redondo, Mastrangelo Reino, Daigo Oliva and Danilo Verpa. Curated by Mônica Maia.
- InstaSampa at Piola Warehouse – Collective exhibition of photos with a cell phone – Participation of Toni Pires, Paulo Pampolim, Fernanda Preto, Rafael Jacinto and others. Curated by Mônica Maia.
- Expogram in Tag and Juice – Collective Exhibition of photos with a cell phone. Curated by Luciana Obniski, Érika Garrido, Renata Chebel, Filipe Redondo and Daigo Oliva.